The ADAC250 FPGA mezzanine card (FMC) is designed around the high-performance A/D and D/A conversion technology from Texas Instruments — it integrates one dual, 14-bit, 250 MSPS analog-to-digital converter (ADS62P49) and a dual, 16-bit, 1 GSPS digital-to-analog converter (DAC5682Z; also capable of a 2–4× interpolation mode). Combined with multiple clocks and synchronization modes, the ADAC250 is at its best in DSP applications such as:
- software-defined radio (SDR)
- advanced telecommunications (MIMO systems, cognitive radios, beamformers, LTE, WiMAX)
- signal intelligence (SIGINT)
- Medical imaging
- Two, 250 MSPS, 14-bit ADCs
- Two, 1 GSPS, 16-bit DACs
- Supports multiple clock and reference configurations
- Versatile and industry-standard VITA 57.1 FMC module
- Plug & Play with Nutaq’s µTCA Perseus AMCs
- Integrated programmable gains on both converters
- Wideband, AC-coupled I/Os
- DAC capable of 2–4× interpolation modes (low pass/high pass), coarse mixing, offset adjustments, and delay adjustments
- Equipped with an onboard, low-jitter reference clock and synchronization PLL (AD9511)
- Supports external or FMC-driven reference clocks for synchronized multiboard/multichannel applications
- Supports external or FMC-driven sampling clocks (AD9511 with the PLL bypassed) for phase-coherent multiboard/ multichannel applications
- Supports external triggers for event-based acquisition
Integrated DAQ system
The ADAC250 can be packaged within a complete tunrkey MicroTCA DAQ system, see the μDigitizer systems.
Other FMC A/D and D/A IO cards are available here.
FMC BSP reference designs section, click here.
Supplied with Perseus
FMC modules software interfaces to Perseus are included with Perseus's software.
For details about the Perseus AMC, click here.